Doris and Me, starring award-winning singer/actor Scott Dreier, is a sentimental, funny, loving, musical tribute to the dazzling talents of Doris Day, America’s iconic sweetheart who lit up movie screens and topped record charts in the 1940s, ’50s and ’60s.
- Award-winning show packed with music and memories
- Genre: American Songbook
- Lengths: 2 hours (includes intermission)
- For venues needing the show to be shorter or without intermission the performance may be offered at 90 minutes or at 1 hour 15 minutes straight through.
- Vocals by award-winning Scott Dreier
- Piano and bass accompaniment
While more than half of Scott Dreier’s audience is made up of Boomers and older adults, Dreier appeals to music lovers of all ages. The demographic is vast, from seniors to a millennial crowd.
The show is designed to fit on any existing set. Available as its own independent run, it can also be performed on dark nights of a different show’s run. For venues with screen capability, a beautifully curated collection of 77 images of Doris Day (including a trailer of her 1950’s and ’60s romantic comedies to start the second act) will occur throughout the show to illustrate storytelling. Venue requires a piano or keyboard on the stage, a wireless handheld microphone and stand, as well as mics for the musicians (to sing harmonies for one song in the show), one stool and small table, as well as still photo and video projection capabilities.
- Scott Dreier as vocalist and storyteller.
Performance History Includes
Doris and Me is winner of the 2013 and 2014 Eddon Best of LA Theater Award – Best Solo Show, and Critic’s Pick in BroadwayWorld.
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- San Diego
- Palm Springs
- Rhode Island
- New York at the prestigious 54 Below
- Carmel Performing Arts Center for Doris Day’s 92nd Birthday celebration
Book the show starring award-winning performer Scott Dreier. To receive an accurate price quote for Doris and Me, plesae fill out the form below.